Keland School has an effective school library that enhances student learning outcomes by providing a range of programs, services and resources which support teaching and learning. It also supports and encourages students’ reading experiences.
Our Library is Effective:
- Offer quality programs that support the curriculum.
- Help teachers integrate information literacy skills into learning activities.
- Promote information literacy by helping students develop skills to find, evaluate, use, create and share information and knowledge.
- Enrich student reading experiences and develop independent reading skills.
- Support teaching and learning strategies.
- Provide teachers with professional support.
- Source and deliver suitable and current resources in multiple formats.
- Maintain collections that meet the needs of the school community.
- Use current technologies to provide easy access to information.
- Offer stimulating teaching and learning environments.
- Reflect and support the social and cultural profile of the school community.